Sr Principal Accountant
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Principal Accountant. This position will be located at our office in Gaithersburg, MD. This candidate will be part of the team responsible for the operational accounting, consolidation and reporting functions for our International segment within the Echostar consolidated group. This role will provide support to our audit, SEC reporting process as well as the Audit Committee materials. In addition, the business will be undergoing several process and systems improvements. We are seeking a motivated candidate who is well organized, detail and deadline oriented, ambitious and ready to take on new challenges.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting memos and schedules as part of the monthly close
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare reconciliations for intercompany activity with subsidiaries
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statement analysis
- Prepare consolidated schedules to be used in the SEC filings
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Management and Audit Committee
- Provide support to Senior Management and internal and external auditors in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist with implementation of the solutions
- Maintain internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Provide assistance to ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 8 years of relative experience
- 5+ years of advanced MS Excel skills to include data modeling, mathematical calculations and formulas associated with the calculations; including Hlookup, Vlookup, and pivot/pivot slicer tables
- Prepare/control transformation of subsidiaries` Financials from functional currency to presentation currency
- Project accounting experience (understanding of percentage of completion concept)
- SAP experience
- Intermediate Spanish language speaking skill
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – able to communicate and establish working relationships with other departments and personnel;
- Identify areas of improvement and develop solutions to problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Strives for excellent performance for the whole team through individual performance and helping others succeed
- Ability to excel within tight time constraints and rapid turnaround situations
- Strong analytical ability, strong organization skills and excellent time management skills while also being a self-starter
- Continuously seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge and processes as it relates to accounting and financial matters
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.