Software Engineer (JUPITER Gateway)
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for Software Engineer (JUPITER Gateway) in our Hughes Network Systems division. This position is located at our Germantown, MD office.
- Work with software, firmware, hardware, and system verification and integration team to design, develop, test, document, analyze, and implement software for various subsystems within the Jupiter Gateway.
- Perform code review, code refactoring, and debugging of software using networking tools. Draft high-level and low-level design documents.
- Provide on-call engineering support.
- Master’s degree in Computer Networking, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a closely related field plus 6 months’ experience in C/C++ OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a closely related field plus 5 years’ experience in C/C++.
- Experience must include 6 months in each of the following: RedHat Linux OS; L2 networking protocols; L3 networking protocols; Application layer protocols; Shell/Perl/Python; GDB Debugger; and Wireshark.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.