Sr Financial Analyst II
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Echostar has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial analyst to support its International and MSS Business Units. This position would be located at Hughes’s headquarters in Germantown, MD. We are looking for a candidate with strong financial analysis background who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Provide financial support for International and MSS Division in all aspects of analyzing and reporting group financial results to include analysis of project revenues and costs, department expenses, capital expenses, and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Work closely with Hughes Accounting organization to assure accounting policies and procedures have been implemented properly for project accounting and expense accounting.
- Assist the Finance team and Business Group management team with monthly analysis of financial results, monthly updates to forecasts for projects and cost centers, and the annual budget process.
- Work closely with Business groups and management to prepare financial analyses necessary in understanding business performance.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve existing reporting and forecasting processes. Identify specific areas and processes for automation.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years’ experience performing variance analysis and reporting.
- 4+ years Corporate Accounting or Finance background
- Strong Excel & Financial Model Skills
- Experience with SAP
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly-skilled in financial statements
- Experience with Hyperion
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.