Entry Level Software Engineer
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems, LLC, an EchoStar Company, (Hughes) is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies, managed services, and solutions for enterprises and governments globally, using satellites in geosynchronous orbit as well as low earth orbit. HughesNet® is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 5 million systems to customers in over 100 countries.
Hughes Network Systems, an EchoStar Company, has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Software Engineers for multiple locations in Maryland.
- Design, develop, deliver and support software for complex commercial and government communication systems, applications and products.
- Develop real-time software for protocols, algorithms and products using C & C++, and learn communications systems & protocols from the inside out.
- Develop management and control platforms for networks scaling from very small to very large, using Java/J2EE and the latest web-based frameworks.
- Research, design and test system solutions for algorithms and protocols in small teams with experienced engineers, and learn how to make applications perform optimally over IP-based wireless networks.
- Apply machine learning techniques to optimize network efficiency, make intelligent routing decisions, and service diagnose performance and problems.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
#LI - BJ1
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.