Entry Level Hardware Systems Engineering
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems, an EchoStar Company, has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Hardware Systems Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown. MD.
- Develop signal processing algorithms for advanced receiver designs for GEO and LEO satellite systems
- Develop upper layer protocols that work efficiently over GEO and LEO satellite systems
- Conduct link, capacity and availability analyses
- Conduct end to end transmission system level algorithm simulations.
- Conduct constellation simulations and analyses for complex NGSO satellite systems
- Conduct end-to-end application performance simulations using tools such as OPNET and OMNEST
- Conduct phased array antenna designs using tools such as HFSS and CST
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineer or related technical field
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
#LI - BJ1
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.