People & Office Coordinator, Paris (Apprentice)
People & HR
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Here at Dott, we believe in a future where our cities are free from cars and pollution. With our on-demand e-bikes and e-scooters, we want to help co-create liveable cities where space is given back to people. We dream of cities where it is easy to move from one place to another with less congestion and more socialisation. All work we do is to continue reaching for our mission, to free our cities with clean rides for everyone.
Though founded in Europe, our passionate, mission-driven people come from over 55 countries globally. With such representative employees working in over 9 countries, we can better meet our users' diverse needs. We collaborate with each other, transportation providers, and city officials to ensure what we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. Moreover, each employee is equally invested and accountable for making each decision socially and environmentally sustainable.
THIS POSITION IS AN APPRENTICE POSITION. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SPONSOR VISA/WORK PERMIT AND RELOCATION.
We're looking for an energetic and proactive individual to join our team as an Office and People Coordinator in our Paris office. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our office and providing operational support to the HR department.
Even when the sun isn’t shining, you will make it shine inside our office. By making sure our kitchen is stacked at all times, the work space is nice and tidy, the incoming mail arrives at the right person in the company, the chill area feels welcoming, and always being approachable for your colleagues and suppliers for a small chat.
Next to the office responsibilities, you'll help our People team with the documentation of the full employee lifecycle at Dott, as well as the onboarding and off-boarding process of new people at the office. This includes the administration around their arrival are complete, their assets & goodie bag waiting for them on their first day, and giving them a tour of the office.
You will work closely with your colleagues in the people team (in France and elsewhere in Europe), and will work closely with the People Generalist for France and Office Lead. At Dott we encourage and facilitate growth, as there will be enough opportunities for you to learn and take on new projects and responsibilities.
We're happy to consider all experience levels and backgrounds, as long as you can communicate fluently in French and English and have the motivation!
What You’ll Do
- Support employee documentation throughout the employee lifecycle, employment contracts, new hire documents, time & attendance, benefits and terminations (from specific departments of the company);
- Be sure our HR systems are always up to date;
- Collaborate on the onboarding; prepare first day of new joiners
- Collaborate on the off-boarding of our leavers, and making sure company assets are returned
- Be the first point of contact for employee and third party questions and enquiries on Office related topics
- Manage day-to-day activities at our office in Paris; lunch, kitchen, parking, office events, meeting rooms, having a clean space, control access keys to the office, etc.
- Initiate and organise office gatherings
What You’ll Bring
- Availability to be daily in the office in Paris
- Previous experience in HR administration and/or Office coordination is preferred, but not required
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Pro-active and outgoing attitude
- Fluent French and English speaker
- Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships with all levels of employees and suppliers
- Excellent teamwork with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Great communication skills with the ability to handle confidential information
What is our Employee Value Proposition (EVP):
We embrace change in our cities, our work, and ourselves. We empower each other to make a lasting impact. We spark meaningful connections by fostering a supportive community. We succeed by adapting the way we work. Unlock the Change
Benefits & Policies*:
🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan
💰 A fair, mid-market salary package
🧑💻 Weekly All-hands meetings
🧘 Mental health support with Open-up
🫂 Employee Resource Groups
👶 Parental policies
🏡 Hybrid Work Policy (twice a week at the office)
🌎 Short-term Remote Work Policy
🏞️ Sabbatical Policy
🪑 Work from home budget
(* benefits will vary based on the country and position)
We continuously measure and improve our environmental and social impact. We’re not claiming we’ll save the world, but we’re relentlessly striving to do the right thing for people, cities, and the planet. We’re constantly putting the environment and our social impact at the heart of every business decision. For more information on our sustainability, check out our Sustainability Report & Manifesto (bit.ly/3KB9dwq).
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) Statement
Dott is an equal-opportunity employer and aims to be intentional in our ED&I strategy. We operate throughout Europe in the hometowns of countless people, including our employees. To truly free OUR cities, we must have a workforce that not only understands the unique needs of our cities but also represents the diversity within them. To support all our employees to be their authentic selves, we have a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination and harassment in any regard.
At Dott, we respect fundamental privacy rights. We process your personal data per the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). Read our Applicant Privacy Statement for a clear explanation of how we process your personal data. (https://ridedott.com/applicant-privacy-statement/)