Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Here at Dott, we believe in a future where our cities are free from cars and pollution. With our on-demand e-bikes and e-scooters, we want to help co-create liveable cities where space is given back to people. We dream of cities where it is easy to move from one place to another with less congestion and more socialisation. All work we do is to continue reaching for our mission, to free our cities with clean rides for everyone.
Though founded in Europe, our passionate, mission-driven people come from over 55 countries globally. With such representative employees working in over 9 countries, we can better meet our users' diverse needs. We collaborate with each other, transportation providers, and city officials to ensure what we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. Moreover, each employee is equally invested and accountable for making each decision socially and environmentally sustainable.
We are looking for a Legal counsel to join our Legal team. You will play a key role in organizing our corporate structure and negotiating commercial contracts. You will report directly to the General counsel, and will be located in one of Dott’s operational markets at its offices in Warsaw, Poland.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for legal support and strategy in a number of countries and subject areas, including the launch of new markets
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of legal agreements with a focus on commercial and corporate contracts
- Assess, advise and regularly report on legal risks, whilst proposing constructive solutions and challenge business decisions from a legal perspective.
- Advise and update internal stakeholders on laws and regulations which impact Dott’s business
- Work with the legal team to address opportunities for contract, policy and process improvements
- Support the General Counsel in their day to day activities which may include shareholder matters and fundraising activity
What you'll bring
- You are a generalist with experience in employment, IP, compliance, governance, litigation + excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Admitted as an attorney in at least one European jurisdiction
- 5 years relevant working experience (comprising both in-house and law firm)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Good sense of humour
- Basic understanding of data protection (including GDPR) and consumer laws
- Fluent in English and Polish is a must
- Preferably at least 1 other European language or Hebrew
- Excellent business judgment, interpretation and communication skills
What is our Employee Value Proposition (EVP):
We embrace change in our cities, our work, and ourselves. We empower each other to make a lasting impact. We spark meaningful connections by fostering a supportive community. We succeed by adapting the way we work. Unlock the Change
Benefits & Policies*:
🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan
💰 A fair, mid-market salary package
🧑💻 Weekly All-hands meetings
🧘 Mental health support with Open-up
🫂 Employee Resource Groups
👶 Parental policies
🏡 Hybrid Work Policy (twice a week at the office)
🌎 Short-term Remote Work Policy
🏞️ Sabbatical Policy
🪑 Work from home budget
(* benefits will vary based on the country and position)
We continuously measure and improve our environmental and social impact. We’re not claiming we’ll save the world, but we’re relentlessly striving to do the right thing for people, cities, and the planet. We’re constantly putting the environment and our social impact at the heart of every business decision. For more information on our sustainability, check out our Sustainability Report & Manifesto (bit.ly/3KB9dwq).
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) Statement
Dott is an equal-opportunity employer and aims to be intentional in our ED&I strategy. We operate throughout Europe in the hometowns of countless people, including our employees. To truly free OUR cities, we must have a workforce that not only understands the unique needs of our cities but also represents the diversity within them. To support all our employees to be their authentic selves, we have a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination and harassment in any regard.
At Dott, we respect fundamental privacy rights. We process your personal data per the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). Read our Applicant Privacy Statement for a clear explanation of how we process your personal data. (https://ridedott.com/applicant-privacy-statement/)