Engineering Manager, Ads Demand
About the Team
Ads and Promotions is one of the core features of the DoorDash business which helps our customers access the most quality and affordable selection for their needs. The Ads Demand team plays a crucial role within the Ads and Promos organization and is responsible for Marketing capabilities of the platform. Our mission is to empower businesses with marketing tools to connect with their customers efficiently by creating best in class advertising solutions serving Restaurants, Brands and DoorDash internal use cases.
About the Role
As the Engineering Manager, you will oversee a talented group of engineers, collaborating closely with designers, product managers, and sales partners. Your primary responsibility will be driving the successful execution of our product roadmap, ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality solutions that meet both customer needs and business objectives. You will be a key player in fostering a collaborative and cross-functional work environment, promoting effective communication and synergy amongst team members. This role is ideal for a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills who can balance technical excellence with business priorities.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive strategic impact across the organization, playing a key role in shaping the direction of our product development and influencing the company's overall success
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for the team and deliver immense impact
- Lead an outstanding team by coaching engineers, empowering engineers through delegation, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to the highest engineering standards
- Inspire the team with your technical vision and create the alignment necessary to execute on it
- Scale the team by recruiting, retaining, and developing highly talented engineers across different disciplines
We're excited about you because you have…
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 7+ years of industry experience, including minimum of 2 years of management experience
- You have experience managing product engineering teams with Backend and Frontend Engineers
- You bring in strong product sense and can be a thought partner with cross-functional peers
- You have hands-on experience working with non-technical stakeholders, cross-team collaboration, and building scalable products in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to handle ambiguity and work with product and business partners to collect non-technical requirements to design and build scalable experience solutions.
- You have the ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
We use Covey as part of our hiring and / or promotional process for jobs in NYC and certain features may qualify it as an AEDT. As part of the evaluation process we provide Covey with job requirements and candidate submitted applications. We began using Covey Scout for Inbound on August 21, 2023.
Please see the independent bias audit report covering our use of Covey here.