Senior Director, High-Volume Recruiting
About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The Recruiting team works closely with leaders across our business to develop and deploy global recruiting strategies. We fuel DoorDash’s growth at all levels (spanning university to executive hiring) by discovering and hiring the future talent of DoorDash while providing outstanding candidate and client experiences.
About the Role
At DoorDash our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to scale and evolve, the Senior Director of High-Volume Recruiting will play a critical leadership role in building and shaping our high-volume talent acquisition strategy across multiple countries. This leader will establish and manage high-volume recruitment strategies for two primary business units: New Verticals - one of our fastest growing businesses which includes DashMart sites in the U.S. and Canada - and Customer Experience & Integrity (CXI) which includes our domestic and international Support, Customer Experience, Trust and Safety, and Fraud functions.
As the Head of High-Volume Recruiting, this role will be a key partner to the leadership team, working with them to develop the recruitment strategy needed for growth. This leader will partner with the broader Recruiting Leadership Team and People Team Centers of Excellence to develop the strategy, guide the execution through OKRs, and deliver on hiring goals. This role is a leader of leaders, guiding a Recruiting organization of 33 team members to align their day-to-day work to the overarching recruiting strategy.
This role reports to the Head of Talent and People Operations, and partners with the Vice President, New Verticals; Vice President, CXI and their leadership teams as thought partners on all aspects of the talent acquisition strategy.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and execute the talent acquisition strategy for nascent and growing businesses
- Partner directly with business leaders to develop recruiting processes and programs that deliver measurable impact
- Guide a Recruiting organization to develop and execute the talent strategy and achieve aggressive hiring goals
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and solve problems with your team
We’re excited about you because…
- 15+ years of progressive experience in Recruiting with a minimum of 8+ years of leading teams, ideally in a fast-paced, complex multi-unit field organization.
- Track record of strong stakeholder management and relationship building.
- Proven ability to demonstrate measurable results using analytics and metrics.
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience in change management within a highly complex environment with multiple, geographically dispersed locations.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, influencing, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of the organization and manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Strong business acumen and ability to participate in strategic and operational business discussions with key leadership.
- Experience providing consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and flexibility to be proactive in a fast pace, ever-changing environment.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring programs/processes that drive business results.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.