ServiceNow Engineer - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the internal tech services powering Deliveroo's internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to deliver great employee experiences through automation, self-service and partnership.
As a Senior ServiceNow Engineer you will be responsible, with others in the ServiceNow team, for the successful implementation, ongoing management and continual enhancement of the ServiceNow platform in order to realise fantastic employee experiences.
You will report into our ServiceNow Product Manager and the role will be hybrid, with some expectations to go into the Hyderabad office weekly.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Consult with internal requesters (IT, Information Security, potentially HR and others) and business customers and senior stakeholders on the ServiceNow platform, its modules and interfaces
- Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team and alongside the ServiceNow Business Analysts
- Verify the requirements with the platform's OOB functionality, performing gap analysis and proposing additional platform OOB modules if necessary
- Designing and developing medium to complex software solutions both independently and as part of a team
- Writing, contributing to and reviewing relevant design documentation
- Estimate effort for all customisations, integrations, configurations and development work
- Leading the work of other engineers, breaking down project and guiding design and implementation choices
- Hands-on implementation, coding, configuration, scripting and app development
- Aligning to best practices for configuration on ServiceNow platform and aligning to internal coding standards
- Peer reviewing and testing as part of quality assurance practices
- Responsible for technical documentation, including taking the lead on the definition of technical standards and governance
- Ensure system architecture supports business scalability and strategies, and can meet audit, compliance and security requirements
- Provide advice and guidance to get the most out of the platform and learn about the latest features
- Serve as the primary point of contact for support, administration, and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and associated applications
- Review and modify existing ServiceNow CMDB patterns as needed.
- Develop integrations with other applications to support core data load and process automation
- Lead in the implementing, configuration and maintenance of interfaces and integrations for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data
- Creating and configuring of reports, dashboards, schedules, access, permissions, credentials and other operational activities or outputs associated with discovery functions
- Enable, configure and operate discovery of new and existing components and provide automated population of CMDB data by ensuring identification and reconciliation rules
- Providing technical feedback that is constructive and actionable
- Participating in on-call for production issues that may occur outside of standard working hours
- Expertise in ServiceNow at scale
- Familiar developing ITSM/ITIL and ITOM processes and solutions, with a deep process/functional and technical understanding of the CMDB and CSDM model
- 3+ years of experience of either Security Incident Response or HR Service Delivery modules.
- ServiceNow Certifications for System Administrator and Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM, ServiceNow Application Developer as a minimum
- ITIL Foundation
- Excellent spoken and written Business English
We're also interested in…
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, SDLC, and SRE ways of working
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.