Head of Grocery
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Our On-Demand Convenience (ODC) team owns and manages Deliveroo’s efforts in Kuwait, from managing relationships and performance with key partners as well as establishing new partnerships. We are consultants that use data-driven analytics and industry knowledge to provide best-in-class support and strategic value to our ODC partners, supporting them in driving their growth agendas and continuously improving their offering to consumers. Your role will be commercially focused, however you will work cross-functionally with teams including Operations, Marketing and Product to ensure success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of ODC Account and Business Development Managers
- Set the market strategy for Deliveroo’s ODC offering in Kuwait
- Manage a portfolio of convenience partners to drive their growth while ensuring their operations are being optimized
- Manage business development efforts to improve offering across different ODC categories with different local and international partners
- Own relationships with key industry stakeholders
- Manipulate and analyze data to drive growth and profitability, both for your partners and for Deliveroo
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including Marketing, Operations and central ODC teams to drive new initiatives
- Experience in a relevant industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Partner Focused - be obsessed with our grocery partners. Use quantitative and qualitative data to build a service that is best for our customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships
- Entrepreneurial - have ideas and strategies to drive the growth of our joint business with our partners, with a willingness to trial at pace.
- Agile and highly adaptable to fast-paced work environment
- Executional Excellence - you’ve achieved clear customer, commercial and financial results with a strong resilient entrepreneurial spirit
- Tactical & Strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of decisions.
- Resourceful - constantly look for creative ways to make the most of the resources we have. Throw tenacity, brainpower, teamwork and collaboration at problems, not money and extra heads. Think like an entrepreneur
- Strong knowledge of the Convenience / Grocery industry is a plus
Benefits and Diversity
- Annual Holiday Leave
- Annual flight allowance
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, nationality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.