Customer Care Operations Agent - (French Speaker) Manchester
Global Live Escalations Operations Agent - Manchester (FRENCH SPEAKER)
Key Highlights to consider:
- Hybrid Role ( 3 days within our Manchester Office)
- We are looking for individuals fluent in French with outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- Please note we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position*
- Assessment's wall take place in the Manchester office from 11th/12th December, if successful in the initial stage of our recruitment assessment you'll need to be able to attend in person to this interview assessment.
- This role will work shifts which you can review below.
- Although prior experience in a customer service setting is advantageous, we welcome individuals with a background in hospitality and retail. Candidates should be able to effectively demonstrate their ability to surpass customer service standards, possess a strong aptitude for stakeholder management, and showcase proficient computer skills.
Our Customer Care team’s mission is to ensure our customers receive the highest quality of Care from anywhere across the globe where they might find themselves using Deliveroo, acting as an escalation point and support hub for Care related matters. As a Customer Care Operations Agent, you’ll be working on some of our most complex and sensitive issues, providing our customers with the best possible outcome whilst taking both customer and the business interests into consideration. This is an exciting new team launching in our Manchester office, you'll be the first members of this team in building our new Manchester care function.
Success in this role will require team spirit, a desire to problem solve and to achieve excellence every single day, a customer first mindset and a focus on productivity and respecting deadlines. All of this will help in making Deliveroo the definitive Food delivery company that everyone thinks of first.
You'll work a 5 day weekly schedule for 37.5 total hours. Shifts are 7.5 hours long and typically fall between 8am and 11pm over a 7 day work week. That means your schedule will regularly include weekend shifts.
Our around-the-clock support rota covers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While your normal shifts will fall anytime between 8am and 11pm, you may occasionally be asked to provide overnight or early morning support as part of a rotating on-call team. This 24h rotation ensures we can assist frontline teams with urgent global issues as they arise.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Providing an effortless premium service to our customers on Live chat Zendesk and Amazon Connect (phone) by reviewing, investigating and responding to their escalated queries, aiming for a first contact resolution when possible
- Taking ownership of your performance by understanding and consistently achieving your productivity, quality and schedule adherence goals with the help of your Team Leader
- Being a positive and active team player and working hard to ensure the Global Escalation team is resonates with excellence
- Acting as an escalation point for any complex queries from our frontline Care teams and markets by either call, chat or Zendesk ticket
- Managing internal escalations - via our Corporate Social Network channel and Gmail in an efficient and timely manner to guarantee customer satisfaction and brand loyalty with every enquiry
- Proactively create a presence within the workplace, on-site and on Slack: acknowledging, responding and investigating any Customer Care feedback.
- Proactively escalating and communicating any issues to the Care team management
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and policy refinement within the department and company
- Actively participating in team meetings, company activities and development opportunities
- Sensitivity to Customer Needs: Demonstrates empathy and resourcefulness when addressing customer concerns, particularly those of a sensitive nature. Adheres to company protocols for confidentiality and documentation while promoting self-care and well-being among the team.
- Strong written and spoken English (plus required language would be beneficial but not required)
- Live chat and phone support experience, with impeccable phone etiquette
- Patience, good time management and emotional intelligence are some of the skills you’ll need to have to serve our customers
- Willingness to take responsibility/ownership of each issue/task that you face
- Adaptable to day-to-day change in relation to tasks assigned to you. This role is very versatile, your daily tasks and assignments can change quickly during the day
- Intrigued by complex situations rather than overwhelmed by them
- Trustworthiness – Deliveroo wants honest workers who are capable of handling sensitive personal information
- Attention to detail – spotting small changes and things that “just don’t seem right”
- Rotational shift work including evenings & weekends.
Not mandatory, but an advantage: (applicants without these skills are still encouraged to apply)
- Additional language skills (Italian / Cantonese / Mandarin / Arabic) would be a benefit
- GDPR and payment related knowledge
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.