Business Strategy Manager, UKI
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they
The Strategy and Initiatives team helps resolve the most exciting and important issues facing the business and pursue our biggest opportunities. You will work with senior leaders, integrate across functions, solve problems, bring new insight and drive pace.
UK & Ireland is the domestic region and the largest business for Deliveroo, and is at the forefront of strategic, commercial and operational innovation.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will particularly work with consumer and regional leadership to think through some of our most important strategic questions: how can we provide more value to our customers, how to we win with key audiences, and how should we target our resources geographically? .
You will be at the forefront of what makes Deliveroo great to work at: driving and responding to high growth, being data-driven and analytical, and constantly improving outcomes for our consumers, restaurants and riders.
You will be both a strategic problem-solver and a doer, leading change and taking ownership of the impact.
You will report in to the Director of Strategy & Initiatives, UKI and as a hybrid role you will be in the London office 3 days week.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategy: supporting the formulation of the long-term vision and strategy for the UK and Ireland, as well as structuring its successful implementation and execution.
- Initiatives and programmes: spotting opportunities, and working them up into new experiments, projects and major cross-cutting programmes and leading their execution. You will work with commercial team members to cut across silos and get things done. Over time, you will become the company’s foremost expert on the topics you lead.
- Performance improvement: the separate Finance and Strategy team creates the quarterly and annual budgets, with strategic input. Your role will be to think more holistically about drivers of over/underperformance, and how we respond to them.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a highly analytical, fast-moving role - for example, at a leading management consultancy or boutique consultancy
- Exceptional problem-solving, from structuring issues to designing workstreams
- Proven communication skills with senior leadership or leadership experience in a fast-moving environment
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic and commercial mindset
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.