The Experience team defines how our customers, riders, partners and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Our team has a global impact.
As a Product Designer, you will be joining a team of highly skilled practitioners who operate across the full spectrum of design - from formative research through to world-class design execution.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features.
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice.
- Collaborate with your peers in Engineering, Product Management & Data Science.
- Invest in your professional development with the help of your manager and a mentor.
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code.
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve, and we’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first-class citizen. Design spans every aspect of our product and our operations, and during your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to many very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants & Grocery Partners
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
This role is for you if you:
- Have experience shaping products and services that are constantly evolving.
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex challenges and care about solving the right problem in the right way.
- Are a self starter and are comfortable working in ambiguity
- Have an eye for good design and strive to create beautiful, intuitive interfaces.
- Are excited about being mentored by seasoned designers, and taking an active role in your professional development.
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.