Sales Manager - Grocery
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Our Sales Grocery Team owns and manages relationships with National Grocery Retailers. As Deliveroo continues to scale, we become a major revenue channel for Grocery Partners - aside from providing best-in-class support, we are partner consultants that use data-driven insight and industry knowledge to drive our partner's growth. The National Account Management team is a passionate and dynamic group of team players that work well together and cross functionally with other departments...and of course, they’re fun, personable, and great at building relationships!
What you’ll be doing:
- Prospect, pitch and close grocery partnerships in the territory with a proactive approach, using a variety of channels / means of communication (cold calls, visitation and in person meetings)
- Take control over your own pipeline, manage your portfolio of leads to ensure strong conversion rates and exceeds ambitious volume & quality targets
- Lead the end-to-end sales cycle with our potential grocery partners through strategic negotiations and making the most attractive offers that achieves business objectives
- Ensure a smooth and complete integration process when bringing a partner onboard, from the registration phase to the operational launch and generating sales
- Support our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, marketing roll-outs, and cross-functional projects
Skills & Requirements:
- 1-2 years of B2B sales experience, ideally in related fields such as groceries/retail or FMCG
- Self-driven with a proven sales record and an appetite for scaling your portfolio
- Phone-based sales experience is a big plus
- Strong communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler, and you’re not afraid of rejection
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence and can persuade even the toughest of prospects
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Something looks off?