Head of Product
A High Impact Company
Datum is a venture-backed B2B SaaS platform that streamlines and automates the procurement process for custom engineered components which are used to build rockets, spacecraft, energy technology, land transportation vehicles, medical devices, and many more innovative hardware projects.
Our expert team comes from SpaceX, Microsoft, Virgin Orbit, PARC, Fidelity, etc. Join us in building the nucleus of the worlds manufacturing supply chain!
Datum is seeking an experienced individual to lead our Product team and product development efforts. We’re looking for someone with a passion and proven track record for taking digital products from 0-1. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be a primary contributor and driver of product strategy, process management, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and development.
- Define and lead our digital product development process.
- Lead the Product team in developing a deep understanding of the end user needs.
- Oversee, mentor, and help grow our Product team. Team will include: Product Managers (SaaS, Factoring/Reverse Factoring), Product Success Managers, etc.
- Own the product roadmap, recommend and guide the strategy of the business, improve the framework for how we make decisions, and streamline communication and transparency.
- Bridge the gap between engineering, design, and business to drive the production process towards high quality and on time feature releases.
- Take a leading role in conducting market analysis, including assessment of competitor threats, market changes, and other industry intel.
What We Value
- You can turn conflicting or incomplete ideas into concrete action plans
- You have strong familiarity with digital product management and project management tools
- Understanding and experience of Agile methodologies
- Experience in products with 3rd party/public APIs
- Passion for advanced hardware products: rockets, spacecraft, electric vehicle, robotics, medical device, etc.
- Passion or interest in Fintech solutions: factoring, reverse factoring, etc.
- 5+ years experience in software product management
- A technical degree is preferred in computer science, but those without such a degree will need to be technically savvy enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture decisions
- Clear history leading product development efforts to product-market-fit
- Management / leadership experience
Southern California based (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego) (hybrid). Datum has an office in Costa Mesa, CA and the Head of Product is expected to be in office 1-2 days per week.
*Must be U.S. Citizen or Lawful U.S. Permanent Resident due to ITAR regulations