Senior Data Engineer
dataplor leads in location intelligence, offering comprehensive data on over 250 million places worldwide. We provide an environment that fosters collaboration, learning, creativity, and values diverse perspectives. Join us to solve complex challenges and be part of a team that measures success through collective achievements.
Position: Data Engineer
Reporting To: CDO
As a Data Engineer at dataplor, you will be instrumental in enhancing and maintaining our extensive database and data pipelines required to deliver data. This role combines technical prowess with problem-solving skills to contribute to our mission. You'll work closely with our engineering team, applying your data engineering, database (postgres), and Ruby on Rails expertise to develop robust, scalable solutions allowing us to efficiently deliver high quality data to our customers.
- Develop and maintain scalable and efficient data processing pipelines in Ruby on Rails (preferred).
- Ensure data integrity and performance of our Postgres databases.
- Implement features with a focus on high-performance Ruby code, following coding standards and best practices.
- Collaborate across teams to integrate new data sources and improve data flows.
- Identify and solve technical issues, enhancing the platform's reliability and efficiency.
Qualities We Seek:
- Experienced data engineer comfortable with rapid problem solving as well as developing reproducible and robust solutions.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails with a commitment to writing maintainable code.
- Strong background in relational databases, especially Postgres.
- Experience with data processing and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with git, containerization, and managed services.
- Knowledge of spatial data processing is a plus.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Independent, proactive problem-solver.
- Passionate about continuous learning in software development and database technologies.
What's in it for you:
- Impactful work in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive salary, healthcare, unlimited PTO, and team retreats.
- Opportunities for growth and learning in a passionate team.