VP of People
About the role
The successful candidate will have experience working for a fast-growth high performance company and thrive on challenge, ownership, and growth with the autonomy to build the infrastructure that will engender a world-class employee experience.
Reporting directly to Climate X’s co-founder & CEO, the Head of People, Culture and Talent will have a defining and important role that will shape the company's culture, values, and workforce strategy as we undergo rapid growth.
If you believe you can deliver what we need in this role but don’t meet all the criteria listed below or think there’s another area where you add value that we haven’t captured, we would still love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond to you with individual feedback, but we will always do our best to notify you of the outcome of the process as quickly as possible. If you haven’t heard from us in more than 5 working days, please don’t hesitate to follow up for an update.
The impact you’ll own
- Building the infrastructure that enables us to successfully hire, retain and grow exceptional talent into the organisation across all seniority levels: we are building a best-in-class people and workforce strategy
- Implementing, monitoring, and delivering tools + systems/programmes and solutions that enable us to create and maintain a world-class culture – we want to magnetise the best, and diverse talents from wherever they are to join our mission
- Ensure the end-to-end process of working for Climate X delivers the best possible employee experience
- Ensuring a safe and compliant work environment with the appropriate policies in place
- Develop and implement structured training plans including deployment of LMS
- Ensuring teams are engaged and motivated – that should be reflected by industry-leading staff retention, positive engagement survey scores and internal promotion rates
- Ensure that any processes and standards are scalable and implemented as consistently/proportionately as possible across the organisation
- Assessing and leading the implementation of B-Corp standards into company policy and values
- Managing relevant third-party relationships with vendors and partner suppliers linked to employee experience and workforce management
- Assist with recruitment – helping to maximise the exposure of vacancies to diverse candidates to attract the best possible applicants, ensuring that we utilise various platforms to maximise visibility to the best candidates, with the removal of as much bias/potential for discrimination as possible
- Be a flagbearer for Climate X and the people strategy to effectively market the company to the best recruits, culminating in a strong, forward-looking talent pipeline
- Deliver findings on best practices across relevant industries and data/evidence-backed proposals that can be implemented into business
- Managing a P&L, with the opportunity to scale the people function itself as the company grows
- Producing dashboards that report on workforce strategy health and early warning indicators of any issues
What you bring
- Demonstrable experience working in a similarly high growth role or evidence that you’re ready to take your responsibilities to the next level
- Evidence that you have led and significantly contributed to the deployment or development of world-class people strategies
- You’ve cultivated authentic culture and values across the pillars of people, diversity and inclusion
- The ability to foster meaningful relationships across all levels of the company, relate well with others, listen effectively, and help employees at all levels achieve their development goals
- Familiarity with strategic planning, including compensation practices, data analysis, organisational diagnosis, and development of capacity plans
- Resourceful and able to find creative solutions, thinking beyond current systems and approaches while recognising the impact of decisions and actions on the entire organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to partner effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including expectation setting
What makes you stand out
- Experience in a similar role within a high growth startup/scaleup (Series A+)
- Track record of hiring and retaining world-class talent into a company
- Experience with best practices in Employer Branding
- Familiarity with UK employment law
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We'll also reward you with employee shares based on merit & performance. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new breed of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to build a solution to allow users, from individuals with one property or businesses with millions of assets, to look at future climate pathways. This will clearly show;
- how their property/assets could be damaged by severe weather events and
- what that damage might do to the asset valuations.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the world’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We feel very strongly about diversity, with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not just building a team but a place of innovation, where problem solving and fun coexist, to address the biggest challenge our society is facing today.