Summer 2024 - Embedded Software Engineering Internship
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
The Cesium software team is looking for Summer 2024 interns to design embedded software for satellite communication systems.
Embedded software development interns will work closely with Cesium engineers on low-level and high-level software in Cesium’s space electronics products. Areas of focus will include microcontroller programming, low-level drivers, board support packages (BSP), end-use applications, and user interfaces. Assignments will be determined by a mix of project availability and the interests of the successful candidates.
Cesium interns regularly present their work to peers, mentors, and Cesium executive leadership throughout the course of the summer. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
To apply, please include a cover letter describing your interest in embedded software development and either space systems or communication systems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Science (BS), Master of Science (MS), or PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Advanced coursework in embedded systems.
- Programming experience in C or C++.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embedded systems design using real-time Linux.
- Understanding of multi-threaded applications and resource management.
- Experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of real-time system coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
- Experience with products for military, aerospace, or automotive applications.
- Ability to read electronics schematics and component data sheets.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. Full-time employment offers include company stock options and a generous benefits package featuring health, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life and retirement plans.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.