Enterprise Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 180 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
CARTO with its new CARTO 3 platform has built the most advanced location intelligence platform which connects directly to the most used Data Warehouses in the industry such as Google’s BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake and Databricks; thus, allowing our partners and customers to do location intelligence and geospatial analysis directly where their data lives opening limitless possibilities for their businesses.
To continue this growth, the North America Sales Team is looking for an experienced Enterprise Sales Account Executive to generate and execute sales plans with both new and existing customers and work with strategic cloud partners to actively drive sales opportunities and meet revenue goals.
The team you will join is a group of curious, smart, motivated, and talented individuals who are driven by passion, technology, innovation, and success. Believers of the “all for one” mentality, we are friends and co-workers.
Location - This position is remote, and the preference is a location WA, OR, AZ, CO, IN
- Sell cutting-edge, cloud-native, geospatial analytics products that solve real challenges for companies like Ikea, Coke, Bain, GAP, and more!
- Develop a sales territory of named Large Enterprise accounts and drive opportunities via full sales cycles with new logos and existing accounts
- Build relationships with key strategic accounts and map prospect organizations to drive connections with multiple contacts focusing on key decision-makers
- Work and sell solutions with key strategic cloud partners, like Google Cloud, Amazon, Snowflake, and Databricks.
- Deliver results by exceeding the assigned quota on a quarterly basis
- Be successful when you are consistently beating your quota, building relationships with your contemporaries at our Strategic Cloud partners, landing awesome brands, and helping to deliver solutions that change lives
- Travel: 50%
- 5+ year track record of success in selling SaaS products in a sales or business development capacity, preferably in the geospatial, data science, BI, and analytics space
- A culture of prospecting through personal outbound, as well as collaborating with SDRs and Partners to maximize pipeline production. SDR experience is a plus.
- Experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals (>$100K ASP) and handling key accounts
- A consultative, solution-oriented sales approach
- An individual who is highly motivated and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working and selling with strategic partners, preferably cloud-based (Google, AWS, Snowflake, or Databricks)
- A positive mindset and self-motivated
- Comes with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth
- Proactive, self-sufficient, and the type of person who looks for something before asking where it is- a real go-getter
- Curious, optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to succeed!
- Competitive compensation.
- Access to our employee stock options plan.
- Education Stipend
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers