Product Marketing Manager (London or Madrid)
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the cloud-native spatial analytics platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Insight Partners, Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, creative and curious Product Marketing Manager with a passion for technology to translate the value of our cloud native spatial analytics platform for our target buyer personas in large enterprises, and position our product in the spatial analytics space in close collaboration with our channel partners and strategic cloud partners, including Google Cloud, AWS, Snowflake and Databricks.
- Own the relationship between our Product and Marketing teams: This role will sit at the intersection of marketing, product, sales and partners - gaining an intricate understanding of our product roadmap and the needs of our sales team to communicate the value of our platform for key use cases, verticals and buyer personas. Whether it’s defining pricing, curating product release campaigns, or carrying out user research alongside our product team - this individual will understand the needs of our clients and partners to effectively communicate the return on investment that the CARTO platform brings.
- Turn our partners into lead generators, working hand in hand with our go-to-market counterparts at Google Cloud, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Databricks and other BI and Data Visualization giants, execute campaigns to generate demand hand in hand with key partners and resellers, devising new co-marketing opportunities. You don’t just wait for introductions, you go and find potential collaborators who can help us to drive demand.
- Define and deliver platform benefits, positioning and messaging for CARTO and Partner commercial teams. Translating technical platform messaging into powerful sales tools including scripts, presentations, and demonstrations that communicate our platform benefits and value to internal sales teams and partners, unlocking business opportunities in the spatial analytics category.
- Create sales enablement content to better communicate our value proposition with prospects, customers and partners. Whether that’s crafting combined value messaging, one pagers, sales decks, videos or battlecards that enable sellers to win business, positioning our platform for key use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, network optimization, spatial app development and much more.
- Create campaign content to generate demand and close business: Working alongside our product, partnerships, demand generation and content marketing teams, the Product Marketing Manager will create assets that drive high quality leads and close business with key enterprise customers. This individual will be confident in creating high-quality sales and marketing assets (e.g. web content, sales decks, webinars, demo videos, battlecards, blog posts and press releases) and delivering internal presentations or external-facing webinars.
- Collate focused competitive intelligence to support product roadmap decisions, sales enablement and marketing campaign motions.
- Tech-savvy: With a deep understanding of enterprise software environments, especially Cloud/SaaS analytics/Data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions, applications & technologies including BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks.
- Thirsty to learn about the Location Intelligence space: constantly gaining intelligence on existing and new competitors, eager to consume podcasts and webinars or read relevant reports to keep your finger on the pulse of our industry and the enterprises we sell to. When you don’t know how to do something, you just find a way to learn about it.
- Commercial acumen: you care about what moves the needle for opportunity creation, rather than focusing on vanity metrics.
- Data-driven: you are passionate about using data from Salesforce, Google Analytics, Hubspot and other platforms to drive an effective demand generation strategy.
- An exceptional communicator: both internally between departments and externally with clients and partners. You don’t just hang out with the marketers, you make the effort to spend a significant amount of time with sellers, pre-sales, data science and product to gain insights that are relevant to your work.
- Customer-centric: obsessed by the needs of our clients, prospects and partners, constantly learning about how their challenges are evolving.
- A gifted curator of content: less is more, quality over quantity. You know how to write a performant guest blog post, punchy press release, a killer landing page or mindblowing case study.
- A true challenger: you’re not scared to challenge the status quo and guide our partner marketing strategy, working closely with senior leadership.
- You have bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, you have the “get it done” attitude.
- A gifted copywriter and storyteller: you can translate highly complex technology concepts to compelling stories that our partners, customers and prospects actually care about.
- 3 or more years experience working in the SaaS, data or cloud technology space in a product marketing or partner marketing role.
- An ability to translate the value of technology into business outcomes to engage enterprise prospects, customers and strategic partners.
- Experience working in B2B SaaS in North America or Europe, ideally in Cloud, Data Science, GIS, Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence or Big Data ecosystems.
- A track record of creating high quality content and campaigns for a B2B technology product.
- Experience working with sales and marketing technology such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach and Gong (or similar).
- Hands-on experience of web management and CMS tools, ideally Webflow.
- Experience in external-facing meetings with partners and prospects.
- Experience interacting with technical stakeholders at a SaaS company.
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and cultures.
- An eye for design and brand guardianship.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused, but casual, environment
- Education Stipend
- Remote work allowance
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.