Associate Director - Digital Marketing
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the role
We are looking for a digital marketing professional to join our world class growth & platform acquisition team to champion marketing excellence with a specific focus on digital brand building and organic marketing.
You will be responsible for development and execution of Careem’s digital marketing and organic marketing strategy for the platform and verticals to enhance brand awareness, drive organic customer acquisition, manage relevant digital assets, execute digital IMC plans and manage our digital partnerships.
This role is strategic in nature and requires a creative and analytical mindset along with a deep understanding of brand management, digital marketing, channel management, customer insights and research.
What you'll do
- Own, develop and execute marketing strategy on digital omni-channel to influence top of the funnel metrics and drive organic growth
- Enable planning, executing, and optimizing digital marketing campaigns across digital omnichannel including social media, display advertising and content marketing
- Analyze campaign performance metrics and provide insights to enhance future strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent digital IMC executions
- Develop effective SEO strategies to improve organic search rankings and increase traffic
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop compelling and SEO friendly content for execution on various digital platform and optimize content for search engines to improve organic visibility
- Ensure that content aligns with brand guidelines and resonates with the target audience relevant to each digital asset and executed within the digital IMC plans
- Develop and manage external partnerships for Careem’s digital marketing agenda
- Monitor and report on competitors’ digital and organic marketing activities
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/engineering with an MBA (preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a combination of brand, digital marketing, segment & pricing, customer insights and agency management
- A combination of experience in various industries preferred ideally telco, fintech and fmcg
- 4-5 years of people management experience is required
- Experience with analytics i.e. pricing, segments, digital sales, research (preferred)
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and a strong data orientation
- Growth-first mindset and ability to work with marketing, pricing, product and brand teams
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
- Fast learner and agile in a dynamic role, business, and market
- Humble and hungry to learn something new; curiosity to do what has not been done before to set the bar on experience, customer service, and innovation in the market
- Strong project management skills; ability to deliver on multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.