Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team on a mission to optimize the P&Ls of Careem Bike, Express B2B, and OA B2C. Aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon, and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues, and captains. The FP&A manager will will work closely with both the finance and business stakeholders to increase the business vertical’s efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation and implementation of the financial plans and reporting of the business performance
What you'll do
Assist the Head of Finance to build the annual budgets and forecasts as per defined company targets
Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand business performance
Utilizing Business intelligence tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
Communicate to management the reasons behind the product/departments financial performance and results
Provide detailed analysis and commentary on P&L statement and cost center results on a regular basis with pre-defined KPIs
Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives
Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
Provide insights to senior management around financial modeling, forecasts and profitability
What you'll need
- Commercially focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Team player with a positive attitude who takes ownership and is not reluctant to challenge
- Transportation and Logistics industry experience will be an added advantage
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.