Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing and overseeing the accounting activities of the Careem Super App (SA). This includes accounting operations, financial reporting and analysis. This role will work closely with the SA Finance team and other stakeholders to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data, compliance with accounting principles, and the timely delivery of financial reports.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day accounting activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Managing the accounting function, ensuring the key responsibilities and deliverables are on time
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data, including preparing and reviewing financial statements, balance sheets, and income statements
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes, including the preparation and submission of financial reports to the Senior Finance Director
- Analyze financial data and performance metrics, and provide recommendations for improvement
- Monitoring the actual monthly performance results against the budget
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, laws, and regulations
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including external auditors, tax authorities, and other regulatory bodies
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Utilizing reporting (oracle) & BI (Tableau, Redash & SQL) tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA)
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting and finance, with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Experience with financial reporting, analysis, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) or Oracle Hyperion planning tools is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.