New Graduate - Business Rotation Program - (Spring / Summer / Fall 2024 Start Date)
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, technicians, engineers, and business leaders, you will work closely on corporate projects with our business units New Shepard, New Glenn, Blue Engines, Lunar Transportation, In-Space Systems and Space System Development Programs by providing analytical support to inform leadership decision-making. Our Business Rotational program consists of four six-month rotations within the fields of Operations, Corporate Development, Program/Project Management, and Strategy, Marketing & Sales.
- Support our business unit financial and strategic objectives
- Map and understand industry landscape and competitive dynamics
- Analyze strategic tradeoffs and make portfolio recommendations
- Provide recommendations to business units based on research and analyses
- Develop and deliver content for strategic reviews with leadership
- Collaborate with all departments to access and collect data that informs decision-making
- Build and maintain tools, analytics, and reporting to highlight performance metrics and other key information
- Work with various team members to build reports and run analysis on various ad-hoc projects
- Deliver meaningful insights on financial performance and opportunities to reduce costs without impacting performance
- Complete cost benefit justifications on strategic decisions
- Lead key business analytics initiatives
- MBA or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Aptitude for teamwork with shown potential for leadership
- Ability to prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Proven quantitative skills including economic and/or financial modelling
- Demonstrated ability to structure and apply analytical frameworks to solve problems
- Demonstrated market research and analysis experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools and database software
- Ability to manage multiple partners and align to common goal
- Ability to work through ambiguity to distill high-level requirements into meaningful tasks to achieve a desired end state
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Strong understanding of operations management principles, including make / buy analysis and logistics optimization
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, or other highly analytical field
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience in a professional setting
- Understanding of the private space industry
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Compensation range for on site WA applicants is $113,760-$166,848
Other site ranges may differ
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.