Head of Sustainability
Remote · Paris, France
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 800+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 5 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
As Head of Sustainability, your role will be to lead BlaBlaCar’s ESG strategy and ESG reporting. You will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, working with business analysts, communication and marketing teams, and interacting with business leads across the company.
- Lead the quarterly ESG Steering Committee, including the CEO, CFO, Secretary General, and CCO, to align on the ESG strategy, identify risks and opportunities, and report on progress.
- Lead the annual Sustainability report (DPEF), coordinate and write it, working in close collaboration with a senior consultant, business analysts, the financial & legal teams, team leads across the company, and external auditors.
- Own and improve the collection of data to report on our ESG performance. In particular, coordinate the annual calculation of our carbon footprint with the support of business analysts
- Be responsible for the progress of the ESG roadmap, exchanging with teams across the company to ensure its progress, including Facilities, People, Business teams, Trust & Safety, etc.
- Benchmark the evolution of ESG reporting standards to ensure BlaBlaCar remains best in class whilst identifying the right methods to report correctly on the specificities of its model (optimizing existing assets).
- Respond to investor requests on BlaBlaCar’s ESG performance, and advise on any communication related to our ESG performance (marketing, GR, etc.)
- Initiate adhoc sustainability projects (eg ESG due diligence in M&A; writing of new policies; ESG requirements in RFPs, etc.) and lead them.
- 7+ years experience in advising companies, including +2 years on ESG strategy & reporting topics
- Excellent understanding of the international sustainability ecosystem, including knowledge of main global ESG reporting standards & carbon footprint methodologies.
- Strong analytical, writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong project & stakeholder management skills to coordinate cross functional projects
- Proficiency in data & metrics to ensure robustness of ESG KPI measurement and tracking
- Full working proficiency in English
What we have to offer
- Full remote possible in the country of employment
- 4 additional weeks of Maternity leaves and Paternity leaves paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Personal growth via trainings, mentorship, and internal mobility programs
- Employee Stock ownership plan
- Regular team building events
- Mental health support through Moka.care
- Paid leave - "be the member day"
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with Amélia De Temmerman, our Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 45-min video-call with Nicolas Chandou, our Chief Financial Officer, to deepdive into your knowledge and experience in business and ESG strategy and reporting
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your skills a 60-min video-call with Nicolas, Verena Butt d'Espous and Candice François, to discuss about your exercise
- a 30-min video-call with Nicolas for a final validation
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application.