Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 700+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 6 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
We are looking for an AP/AR Accountant to join the Financial Control team at BlaBlaCar. Its mission is to ensure accurate, transparent, and compliant financial management while supporting informed decision-making within the company.
As AP/AR Accountant, your role will be to handle financial transactions related to the company's payables and receivables, ensuring accurate recording, timely processing, and proper documentation. You will be reporting to the Group Accounting Manager.
- Accounts Receivable (AR) process: Creating customer invoices accurately, Posting payments received from customers, Regular reconciliations of customer accounts and resolving discrepancies. Collaborating with sales or customer service teams to resolve billing discrepancies or customer concerns.
- Accounts Payables (AP) process: Processing vendor invoices, Preparing and executing payment disbursements. Reconciling vendor statements and resolving discrepancies.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Communicating effectively with vendors, customers, and other external parties.
- Ideally 3 to 5 years in the same area of expertise (minimum of 2 years required)
- Strong focus on accuracy and meticulousness in recording financial transactions and maintaining documentation
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting principles and practices, including knowledge of French GAAP
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy sharing and learning from others
- Organized and results-driven, you are able to prioritize in a changing environment
- Fluency in English and in French
- Nice to have: Experience working with accounting software systems such as QuickBooks, SAP, Oracle, or similar platforms
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer:
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
- 4 addtional weeks of Maternity leaves and Paternity leaves paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Personal growth via trainings, mentorship, and internal mobility programs
- Employee Stock ownership plan
- Regular team building events
- Mental health support through Moka.care
- Paid leave - be the member day
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- a 45-min video-call with Marieta Tonoyan, Talent Acquisition Manager to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with Olivier Antoine, Group Accounting Manager to help you project yourself in the company, to evaluate your technical skills through a live exercise and to answer your questions
- a 30-min video-call with some members of the Team to tell you more about how we operate and to discuss your experience
- a 30-min video-call with Aleksandar Miletic our VP to get to know you and answer your questions
Our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.