Project Controls Analyst III/Senior - Planner/Scheduler
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Project Controls Analyst III/Senior – Planner/Scheduler
Working as a Program Planner/Scheduler at Ball Aerospace is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high tech team of people developing innovative products for the Aerospace and Defense industry. You will be responsible for developing a multi-year plan that the team must follow to produce the customer deliverable. You will lead the Program Planner/Scheduler effort responsible for program planning and baseline development, baseline management and control, and schedule status, analysis and reporting.
What You’ll Do:
- Review customer contract, statement-of-work and other requirements and develop a plan to meet requirements. Communicate plan to program team.
- Provide assistance and guidance to program manager (PM), technical leads and control account managers (CAM) in developing appropriate schedule tasks, work-flow planning and summary roll-up tasks.
- Work with the CAMs to determine resource needs to support the work.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the program baseline to meet the Earned Value Management System Description requirements.
- Work with CAMs to ensure schedule updates are entered into the IMS as provided.
- Incorporate changes into the schedule baseline as required following proper change management process.
- Assist the program with critical path analysis, variance to baseline analysis, and look-ahead reporting.
- Develop and issue all customer and management schedule reporting. Present schedule data as required.
- Schedule work may be performed in an execution area or work center in support of internal built mechanical or electrical products for programs. Responsible for ensuring the schedules are in alignment with program needs.
- Assist CAMs with subcontract integration.
- Ensure material tasks are aligned with material procurement and fabrications in the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system.
- Review schedules using DCMA metrics and ensure compliance to each metric.
- Ensure all levels of schedules on a program are in alignment and aligned with the cost system period of performance.
- Create a schedule management plan to develop the schedule and document schedule assumptions and constraints.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the program baseline to meet the Earned Value Management System Description requirements.
- Support development of programmatic opportunities/risks and their mitigation strategies. Ensure mitigation tasks are in the schedule.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Analyst III - BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Analyst Senior - BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experienced using Microsoft Project 2010 or later preferred.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Understanding of earned value principles.
- Experience with resource loading a schedule using Microsoft Project 2010 or later.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ANALYST III: $78,000 - $105,400 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ANALYST SENIOR: $94,500 - $127,750 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.