Contracts Administrator II
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Contracts Administrator II
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a Contract Administrator-II and manage a variety of contracts in the Tactical Solutions Contracts Department of Ball Aerospace.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of program and functional personnel and executive leadership to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Assume a contributing role in proposal development of new and follow-on business and contract change order proposals.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with program team and customer personnel for the advancement of long-term business opportunities.
- Develop and negotiate pre-contract agreements with prime contractors.
- Assist with the evaluation of Requests for Proposals, identify business risks, and propose and negotiate terms and conditions that mitigate business risks.
- Engage company empowered official when any International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) actions are required.
- Maintain auditable Contract files. Support audits with Internal / External and Government Audit Agencies.
- Negotiate favorable payment terms to affect shareholder value.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A demonstrated background of legal, business, regulatory, and programmatic aspects of federal government prime and subcontract management.
- Experience with major aerospace primes/subs preferred.
- Broad experience in working with customer RFPs to include: terms/conditions, Reps & Certs, negotiation strategies, Price Negotiation Memorandums, and negotiations, including the Truth In Negotiation Act (TINA).
- Experience with various contract fee arrangements (award and incentive fee contracts), cost reimbursement, fixed price, and T&M contracts.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear explanations required.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $64,000 - $87,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.