Facilities Custodial (Janitorial) Specialist I/II
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from strategic capital investments, industrial operations and an efficient supply chain, to state-of-the-art manufacturing and test operations and top-notch facilities management.
Facilities Custodial (Janitorial) Specialist I/II
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 65 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer, and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Housekeeping Service team provides essential sanitation and critical cleaning services across our facilities at our Westminster, Broomfield, and Boulder campuses, that allow Ball Aerospace to “Go Beyond”. In this role, you will work independently and will interact and collaborate with all levels of Ball employees and provide facilities support services in a housekeeping environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform custodial maintenance of ISO certified cleanrooms (up to level 7). Maintain strict adherence to company cleanroom protocol, procedures, and specifications.
- Maintain training and certification on Ball Aerospace cleanroom procedures, ESD, hazardous waste, and OSHA standards.
- Perform general custodial activities of non-cleanroom spaces, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, etc., cleaning restrooms, restroom fixtures, break room fixtures, counter tops, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Maintain required documentation in accordance with Ball Aerospace’s policies and government regulations.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and use excellent problem-solving skills to resolve issues as they arise.
- Provide a variety of custodial activities on Ball Aerospace grounds, as required.
- Schedule and monitor subcontractors, as needed.
- Operate company owned vehicles, as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Facilities Custodial Specialist I - High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Facilities Custodial Specialist II - High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance is required.
- Industrial/Commercial custodial experience (i.e., hospital, school, manufacturing), preferred.
- Custodial experience working with cleanrooms, highly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills with a proven record of working collaboratively and building working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Don’t meet every experience requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this opportunity, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in various buildings and locations depending on assignment.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR FACILITIES CUSTODIAL SPECIALIST I: $20.19 - $26.63 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR FACILITIES CUSTODIAL SPECIALIST II: $23.56 - $31.13 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.