Government Property Administrator I / Government Property Administrator II
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Integrated Supply Chain team has a direct impact on program success, acting as a critical chain that links the end-to-end material flow together and ensures compliance. Our organization serves as the backbone of business operations enabling Ball Aerospace to achieve true mission partnership.
Government Property Administrator I / Government Property Administrator II
Administer Asset/Property control activities to ensure continual accountability of Ball Aerospace Assets, Government, or associate Contractor product in accordance with applicable company policy or government regulations as overseen by the Department of Defense (DOD), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and or Ball Corporation/Ball Aerospace with respect to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or supplemental regulations flowed down by the Contracts organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and verify paperwork or electronic request received from leadership, co-workers or other employees seeking Asset/Property related work to be performed, i.e., email, other instructions/requests is accurate and in accordance with Asset/Property Management requirements to ensure electronic posting or creation of Audit records is complete.
- Maintain required logs, records, and files.
- Ensure all records have been correctly created and updated to proper electronic portals.
- Complete tasks such as counting material, sort product, view product for damage or deterioration, proper storage, and packing.
- Move items as necessary ensuring all required logs, records and files have been correctly created and maintained in accordance with Ball policies.
- Analyze and troubleshoot all physical or electronics issues of Property through resolution.
- Receive, control, and protect product in location by ensuring storage is proper for product and item can be secured i.e., on a floor, shelf, pallet or rack location safely to protect materials and ensure the safety of others working in area or passing by. Report any Safety or Security concerns to: Leads, a Supervisor, a Manager, Environmental Health and Safety, Security or Human Resources.
- If preparing product movement, do so by properly protecting materials for safe transport to a permanent location of the Warehouse or transitory location for further internal or external movement.
- Follow all guidelines, policy, work instruction and documents published in the Ball Aerospace Business Process Library (BPL) or other online portals.
- Comply to all instructions and processes required to maintain all records of the Asset/Property Department requirements.
- Provide input into the development, recommendation, and implementation of property administration policy.
- Participate in the effort to write new policies and procedures and review and modify existing policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintain all required Training and Certifications if needed to perform work, i.e., handling special materials (EEE), electronics, packing/unpacking material using tools or equipment.
- Properly use company vehicles, forklifts, tools and personal protective equipment (PPE) etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform various physical tasks from sitting, lifting boxes, bending, stretching, and moving product inventories from one location to another frequently or for longer periods of time.
- Resolve/escalate material discrepancies by reconciling loss, overages or shortages and communicating reporting to Leads or Senior Leadership in the Asset/Property organization.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Government Property Administrator I – BS/BA degree.
- Government Property Administrator II – BS/BA degree plus 3 or more years of property administration experience. CPPS/CPPA preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE GOVERNMENT PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR I: $53,000 - $72,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE GOVERNMENT PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR II: $64,000 - $87,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.