Engineer Associate / Engineer I - Electrical
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Ball Aerospace’s Albuquerque, New Mexico office is a key provider of science and technology services to the Air Force Research Laboratory and other government research and development organizations. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including: technology development; diagnostic development; highly-controlled laboratory measurements; field experiments and demonstrations; technology assessments; modeling and simulations; and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified professionals to join our science and technology-oriented organization.
Go to https://vimeo.com/489601451 and learn more about Ball Aerospace in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Engineer Associate / Engineer I – Electrical
In this role, you will support a cross-functional team in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of ground and space-based electronics subsystems. The cross-functional team could include but is not limited to engineers in the following disciplines: Electrical Systems, Mechanical Packaging, Electrical Circuit Design, Parts & Reliability, Production and Test Engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop solutions to engineering problems through the application of professionally and industry-wide accepted engineering techniques, practices and procedures.
- Provide and communicate understanding of the technical aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Assess risk and make risk-based decisions throughout project lifecycle to ensure project objectives are met.
- Develop electronics to quality and reliability standards for NASA, DoD, and NOAA customers.
- Design power, control, and RF circuit boards using multiple software packages.
- Create models and simulations to prove design choices and reduce risk.
- Support test and manufacturing engineers to ensure quality products are delivered to the customer.
- Create brass board proof-of-concept circuitry using routers and soldering stations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Engineer Associate - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Engineer I - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 2 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Competency in core Electrical Engineering theory and potentially stronger specialization in board design.
- Awareness of all aspects of Electrical Engineering projects from start to finish.
- Ability to provide alternatives to requirements that drive system cost and schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills, solid communication skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Experience with test equipment (oscilloscope, power supply, network analyzer, etc.) with the capability to perform measurements and create reports.
- Experience and proficiency in programming, data manipulation, and data visualization in MATLAB desired.
- Experience with Altium Designer, CST Studio, and Subversion / Git / Gitlab preferred.
- Must be able to create effective test plans; schedule and execute measurements at internal and external facilities; perform measurement analysis and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical expertise in engineering and to leverage knowledge of other related disciplines.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana at a state level, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ENGINEER ASSOCIATE: $75,500 - $93,750 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ENGINEER I: $91,500 - $113,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.