Engineer II / Engineer Senior - Electrical
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Ball Aerospace’s Albuquerque, New Mexico office is a key provider of science and technology services to the Air Force Research Laboratory and other government research and development organizations. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including: technology development; diagnostic development; highly-controlled laboratory measurements; field experiments and demonstrations; technology assessments; modeling and simulations; and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified professionals to join our science and technology-oriented organization.
Go to https://vimeo.com/489601451 and learn more about Ball Aerospace in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Engineer II / Engineer Senior – Electrical
In this role, you will support a cross-functional team in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of electronics. The cross-functional team could include but is not limited to engineers in the following disciplines: Electrical Systems, Mechanical Packaging, Electrical Circuit Design, Parts & Reliability, Production and Test Engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop electrical solutions for prototype analog, RF, and digital hardware. Hardware may operate in noisy electromagnetic environments. Develop diagnostics and performance metrics to supplement the hardware design.
- Assignments may be very diverse and technically difficult.
- Be a project lead of a multi-disciplined team. Deliver on project cost, schedule, and technical requirements. Communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of the project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Assess risk and make risk-based decisions throughout project lifecycle to ensure project objectives are met.
- Organize, analyze, write, and present technical material for team, management or customer events. Events may include informal and formal technical or status reviews (e.g., PDRs, and CDRs).
- Ensure the producibility of electrical designs and products. Compile, integrate and evaluate design and performance data to determine accuracy and completeness of the electrical design and compare with requirements and specifications.
- Use industry accepted software tools to analyze and evaluate solutions to meet desired requirements or specifications.
- May lead more junior engineers in defining their work assignments, checking their work for accuracy, and providing guidance and feedback.
- Develop electronics to NASA, DoD, and NOAA customer quality and reliability standards.
- Obtain quotations and work with selected subcontractors or vendors to facilitate productions of components for integration into large project products.
- Review drawings, procedures and engineering orders for completeness, compatibility, producibility and correctness.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Engineer II - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Engineer Senior - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with RF circuit and system design including antenna, strip-line, cabling, and circuit board design and troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience with standard electrical design and analysis tools: schematic capture, PCB layout, various SPICE and RF simulations and solvers, etc.
- Demonstrated success leading electronics development teams to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Ability to provide alternatives to requirements that drive system cost and schedule.
- Experience leading all aspects of electrical engineering projects from component selection to manufacturing hand-off.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills, solid communication skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ENGINEER II: $111,000 - $137,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR ENGINEER SENIOR: $137,500 - $173,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.