Program Manager Senior - Survivability and Strike
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Program Manager Senior – Survivability and Strike
What You’ll Do:
- Manage dynamic and highly technical development and/or production programs with emphasis on design, fabrication, and test of tactical RF systems.
- Responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and Technical Specifications.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and program schedules.
- Define, secure, organize and direct staff, resources, standards, processes, procedures and tools essential for the successful completion of a program.
- Provide sound leadership and team building to motivate, influence and effectively apply the program staff.
- Develop and maintain effective internal/external communication systems.
- Act as the main interface with the Customer and main Ball representative on all program related subjects.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Recognize, develop, and work to win potential follow-on work, increased scope, and additional programs within the appropriate program Customer contacts.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Identify and manage unique material, process, and supply chain issues related to the development of new technology hardware.
- Partner with Design for Manufacturing resources and Manufacturing Portfolio Program Managers to ensure resulting hardware is fully qualified, documented, and ready to enter rate production.
- Communicate program status to Upper Management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Assist with Mentoring and Training of other Survivability and Strike Program Managers.
- Assist with Program Management Process Improvement initiatives and lessons learned sharing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in engineering or physics preferred.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience in design, fabrication, test, and transition to production of antenna products preferred.
- A track record of successfully managing the design, fabrication, and test of new technologies and developmental hardware as well as a proven record of success transitioning that hardware into rate production for large complex programs.
- Experience in program and procurement management responsibilities for tactical hardware.
- Experience with subcontract management and supplier oversight preferred.
- Experience utilizing standard program status tools required:
- Earned Value (EV) and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) including variance reporting.
- Program performance reporting status including program highlights, Cost Performance Index (CPI), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), schedule progress, technical status and Customer Relations.
- Technical Performance Metrics (TPM’s) including current progress of key technical performance parameters against requirements.
- Proactive risk and opportunity management against program management baseline.
- Contract Change management to control, monitor and resolve internal and external changes related to Program plan.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Ability to self-start and understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
- Understanding of RF components and systems preferred.
- Understanding of component and system level test planning and execution preferred.
- Ability to lead and effectively negotiate program awards preferred.
- Business Development or New Business Experience preferred.
- Ability to deliver compliant proposal to government and customer requirements preferred.
- Familiarity with general government contractual requirements.
- Experience with an ISO 9001 environment.
- Comfortability and competence with MS Office computer tools including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Office.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $175,500 - $243,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?