Technician III / Technician IV - Metrology
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Integrated Supply Chain team has a direct impact on program success, acting as a critical chain that links the end-to-end material flow together and ensures compliance. Our organization serves as the backbone of business operations enabling Ball Aerospace to achieve true mission partnership.
Technician III / Technician IV – Metrology
What You’ll Do:
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, physical, and dimensional IMTE (Inspection, Measuring, and Test Equipment).
- Document calibration and repair activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Interpret test equipment specifications and understand how they apply to equipment calibrations.
- Assist with writing and reviewing calibration procedures.
- Learn to identify and calculate measurement uncertainties involved with equipment calibrations.
- Interface with internal customers and outside vendors.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Technician III – Metrology – High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Technician IV – Metrology – High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in at least two of the following areas of calibration: electrical, pressure, flow, force, temperature, humidity, vibration, torque, dimensional.
- A good working knowledge of electrical, physical, and dimensional standards used in calibration.
- Familiarity with calibration system requirements (ANSI Z540, ISO 17025).
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR TECHNICIAN III – METROLOGY: $24.52 - $33.89 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR TECHNICIAN IV – METROLOGY: $27.40 - $36.78 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?