Intelligence Analyst III / Intelligence Analyst Senior - COMINT Signals Analyst - McLean, VA
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Intelligence Analyst III / Intelligence Analyst Senior – COMINT Signals Analyst – McLean, VA
What You’ll Do:
- Exploit signals to produce useful intelligence.
- Use advanced technical exploitation techniques to pursue hard targets.
- Design scripts to automate process and assist in analysis.
- Work as part of crossfunctional intelligence team pursuing hard targets.
- Act as the subject mater expert on collection techniques and signals of interest.
- Innovate solutions to customer's most challenging intelligence problems.
- Explain complex technical concepts to HUMINT proffessionals.
- Provide systematic improvement to customers intelligence collection and analysis processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Intelligence Analyst III - High school diploma plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Intelligence Analyst Senior - High school diploma plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required.
- Completion of Intermediate Technical ELINT Analyst Course (9141 NEC, 1N2A AFSC), Intermediate Signals Analysis Course (451), Advanced Signals Analysis Course (452), or civilian signals analysis development program.
- Experience with advanced signals analysis techniques.
- Experience with latest generation of signals analysis tools.
- In-depth understanding of the US SIGINT System.
- In-depth understanding of common consumer, government, or industry communication technologies.
- Experience working in joint forces or multi-agency environment preferred.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR INTELLIGENCE ANALYST III: $127,500- $177,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR INTELLIGENCE ANALYST SENIOR: $144,000 - $198,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?