Subcontract Program Manager II
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Integrated Supply Chain team has a direct impact on program success, acting as a critical chain that links the end-to-end material flow together. Our organization helps propel Ball Aerospace to Go Beyond® and achieve true mission partnership.
Subcontract Program Manager II
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of a single program subcontract or a portfolio of program subcontracts, with clear lines of authority defined at the program level. Primary Program POC to all Program subcontract stakeholders with responsibility for subcontract cost, schedule, technical, quality, and all deliverables going to/from subcontractor(s).
- Participate in proposal preparation activities in support of new business capture opportunities with existing and/or new subcontractors, customers, and programs. Coordinate compilation of supplier RFP packages to align to customer proposal scope, timelines, and objectives. Coordinate SME inputs to technical evaluations of complex subcontractor proposals, assessing realism, reasonableness, and completeness.
- May lead development of Program Subcontract Management Plan (PSMP).
- Leads the program Subcontract Management Team (SMT) and aligns with the program to ensure the SMT is staffed with appropriate skill levels and that internal work is being accomplished according to plan in support of the subcontract management plan.
- Ensures program mission requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed to the subcontractor(s). Responsible for development and execution of subcontract: management plan, scope of work, technical requirements, mission assurance requirements, milestones, SDRLs and any other subcontract(s) deliverables necessary.
- Responsible for all subcontract(s) deliverables to the various program levels, as applicable.
- Program level budgetary authority for subcontract execution including profit/loss, labor budget, management reserve, and all aspects of oversight and management of the subcontract(s).
- Responsible for subcontract cost tracking, Earned Value (EV) and EAC budget, variance tracking and reporting requirements, including management, and monitoring timely supplier financial reporting.
- Ensure visibility and communication of subcontract technical, quality assurance, financial, schedule, and compliance to Program reporting requirements.
- Responsible for subcontract schedule and program level schedule margin specific to the subcontract(s). Ensures supplier IMS is integrated into the Program level IMS.
- Manages the subcontract(s) risks including subcontract(s) cost, schedule, technical and quality risks. Responsible for deconflicting resource and schedule conflicts at subcontractor(s) location. Responsibility and know-how to leverage program and Ball team in achieving efficient conflict resolution.
- Responsible for subcontract(s) change control and management. Supports change proposal efforts for subcontract(s) including pre-coordination with subcontractor(s) to establish expectations. Leads internal evaluation of subcontractor(s) change proposals and development of negotiation plans
- In partnership with the Subcontract Manager (Ball’s empowered official for the subcontract), act as the principal interface with the subcontractor on all subcontract related subjects and perform as a liaison between subcontractor, Program, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Work closely with and assist Subcontract Manager to ensure Subcontract is maintained current and meets Program requirements. Establish Ball programmatic negotiation position and support subcontract negotiations.
- Work closely with Program Management and customer to communicate subcontractor progress, resolve issues and concerns, and identify and manage subcontractor risk.
- Coordinate the participants, schedule, logistics, and success criteria and chair subcontractor program status, business, design, manufacturing, test and pre-ship reviews, including inclusion of Customer participation.
- May develop and manage a complete Subcontractor Performance system to tie past performance, current requirements, and subcontract documentation and management into predictive subcontractor performance model.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $157,500 - $216,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?