Administrative Associate II - Acquisition
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Integrated Supply Chain team has a direct impact on program success, acting as a critical chain that links the end-to-end material flow together and ensures compliance. Our organization serves as the backbone of business operations enabling Ball Aerospace to achieve true mission partnership.
Administrative Associate II – Acquisition
Our dynamic Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) organization is seeking a highly organized, hardworking, and self-motivated Administrative Associate II – Acquisition to keep the Supply Chain Organization running smoothly. The ideal candidate will support multiple managers and supply management personnel with minimal direct supervision and will perform and maintain routine tasks in support of the organization. Therefore, the candidate will have superb time management and organizational skills. The candidate will be comfortable with general office operations, including electronic correspondence to both internal and external customers, filing, data entry, data verification, form generation and management, and invoicing administration assistance. Our Administrative Associate II – Acquisition should have good people and communication skills in order to best work with any required customers. We also hope that our Administrative Associate II – Acquisition will help us identify ways we can be more effective and efficient by contributing fresh ideas for improvement.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for coordinating supplier representation forms with the external supply base. This includes submittal of the form to suppliers, requesting and managing completion of the form and submitting the form electronically for internal processing. This is an on-going task with varied demand.
- Responsible for managing purchase order commitment reconciliation within the required purchase order systems. This will require investigating and resolving problems. This is an on-going task with varied level of demand.
- Data entry of purchase order supplier commitment due dates into the required purchase order system. This is a weekly task and dependent on open PO backlog, the volume for this task may vary from week to week.
- Create and verify Non-Disclosure Agreements with suppliers as required. These agreements will also require electronic filing. This is an on-going task with varied demand.
- Manage incoming insurance certifications from suppliers and electronically manage and file as required. This is an on-going task with varied demand.
- Process electronic shippers to support the shipment of hardware to suppliers as required. This is an on-going task with varied demand.
- Assist with invoicing issues and discrepancies. This includes research of the discrepancies and management of required corrections in the invoicing software systems. This is an on-going task with varied demand.
- Track and coordinate department’s performance to quarterly sales forecast. This is an on-going task with varied level of demand.
- Track and report organization performance on aging requisitions. This is an on-going task with varied level of demand.
- Track and report organization performance on past due commitments. This is an on-going task with varied level of demand.
- Track and report ISC’s performance to customer reporting requirements. This is an on-going task with varied level of demand.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good organization, scheduling, and time management skills.
- Previous experience with administrative duties in an office setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of administrative duties required.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.47 - $25.96 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?