Administrator II - Facility Support Services
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Administrator II – Facility Support Services
Facilities & Support Services teams support Ball Aerospace’s 37 properties, over 2 million SF of real estate, in Colorado. This established team of over 85 Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities which enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer, and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Planning & Interior team designs office space in new and existing buildings, manages space, oversees all furniture and people moves, space planning activities and supports growth across Ball campuses in Westminster, Broomfield, and Boulder. Planning designs engaging spaces within Ball offices that ensure Ball facilities foster an inclusive and dynamic culture across our campuses.
Ball’s Support Services team provides essential services such housekeeping, grounds, fleet management, mailroom, and café operations across Ball campuses in Westminster, Broomfield, and Boulder. Support Services is a supportive strategic partner assisting our employees and programs with essential day-to-day operational functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor, analyze, and report on monthly café operations as related to sales, labor costs, food costs, catering, and subsidies.
- Monitor all Support Services and Planning Purchase Order (PO) and Purchase Service Agreement (PSA) funding levels and coordinate and prepare any necessary supplemental funding for critically low POs and PSAs.
- Gather, interpret, and analyze spending trends for critical Support Services and Planning PSAs to ensure that invoices are being properly and timely received and processed so costs are incurred in the appropriate period.
- Research and follow through with correcting any Support Services or Planning invoice coding errors to ensure expense costs are being vouchered in the correct organization and account.
- Assist with Support Services management in gathering, interpreting, and analyzing coffee and breakroom supply costs to monitor for waste and/or misuse.
- Assist with Fleet Vehicle management in the administrative procedures for registering, maintaining, and insuring all Aerospace fleet vehicles.
- Assist with Fleet Vehicle management with fuel card administration and vehicle telematic administration.
- Monitor both Support Services and Planning work order management systems and develop appropriate metrics on department performance.
- Assist with Planning management in gathering, interpreting, and analyzing overhead furniture purchasing costs and provide forecasting for mass-buy thresholds.
- Assist with Planning on the MAC management system to monitor MAC tasks and develop appropriate metrics on department performance.
- Gather, interpret, and analyze data for Planning as it relates to 3rd party telecommunications labor hours, materials, and costs.
- Assist with real estate lease management, monthly lease processing, and landlord relations.
- Gather and analyze monthly utility spending and trends and work with accounting functions to rectify any issues.
- Identify areas of improvement for the departments and initiate process improvement efforts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Excellent knowledge and skills using Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel between campuses as needed to support departments.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $63,000 - $84,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?