Systems Engineer II/Systems Engineer Senior - Mission Modeling
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Systems Engineer II/Systems Engineer Senior – Mission Modeling
This engineering position will have modeling and simulation as its area of specialization with a focus on analyzing complex system performance against mission-level needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Under the general supervision of a senior-level mission architect, you will analyze of variety of space architectures for defense and civil missions, using a custom-built tool suite. Your systems analysis results will guide and/or set architecture, system and/or component requirements.
- Experience with MATLAB programming is required. Training for other packages may be provided as needed.
- Development of new tools and algorithms for mission systems modeling and data analysis
- Work closely with hardware engineers to develop state-of-the-art system designs and analyze performance of hardware demonstrations.
- As a team member, you will contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Preparing and giving presentations to peers/management/customers may be required.
- Responsibilities may include new business support in the form of proposal writing and/or cost/schedule estimation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Systems Engineer II - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Systems Engineer Senior - BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or a related technical field is preferred.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience with analysis of systems, dissection of complex problems, and identification of key performance drivers.
- Excellent MATLAB programming skills.
- Excellent analytic modeling capabilities.
- Ability to document analysis results and write reports.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- Ability to contribute to the success of small teams through excellent teamwork.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER II: $108,000 - $133,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- HIRING SALARY RANGE FOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER II: $133,500 - $168,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?