International Government Business Lead
Axiom Space is building for beyond, guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. The leading provider of human spaceflight services and developer of human-rated space infrastructure, Axiom Space operates end-to-end missions to the International Space Station today while developing its successor, Axiom Station – a permanent commercial destination in low-Earth orbit that will sustain human growth off the planet and bring untold benefits back home.
Axiom Space fosters a diverse environment inclusive of all perspectives. We are the pioneers of commercial space, leading the transformation of low-Earth orbit into a global space marketplace. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic International Government Lead who is fueled by problem-solving, continuously curious, and driven to understand our world, science/technology, and life itself, for the benefit of all on Earth and beyond.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Axiom’s sales team to focus on international government sales to space agencies and ministries by developing sales plans, prioritizations and allocating resources appropriately to the most probable opportunities.
- Develop key messages, narratives and a strategy for engaging space agencies in various stages of development from emerging to well-established.
- Responsible for developing relationships with international government customers for the purpose of creating human spaceflight programs.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and development of key opportunities, which includes establishing and maintaining a qualified pipeline of international governmental agencies.
- Oversee capture management for international government contracts, including working with cross-functional teams to develop customer solutions and value propositions to include in proposal development.
- Create profitable deal opportunities with customers and negotiate deals to contract.
- Understand customer’s requirements, create suitable solutions, and help overcome any challenges.
- Maintain multiple customer and prospective customer relationships simultaneously
- Develop, manage and grow a sales team that implements this overall sales strategy and approach to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual Key Performance Indicator (KPI) program. KPI’s include number of ongoing and new customer conversations weekly, number of deals developed, number of deals won, total value of deals won.
- Attend relevant industry events and conferences to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- International travel is expected for this position, in compliance with appropriate travel restrictions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Proven track record winning large contracts with international governments, ideally with space agencies or ministries of economics, education, or defense.
- Proven record of success with the entire sales cycle, from planning to closing with expertise qualifying prospects and partners with probing questions.
- Experience in international aerospace sales a major plus. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in foreign markets and with foreign partners is required.
- Experience and knowledge with international space programs and non-U.S. space companies; experience in New Space Sector highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience in working with foreign governments, ministerial levels, and space agencies, including ESA, JAXA, CSA, DLR, MBRSC, SSC.
- Familiarity/experience with Export Controls and ITAR is desirable.
- Experience in international business development is desirable.
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense (Civilian), NASA/Civil or commercial space and/or US Military, with an understanding of defense, aerospace, intelligence, and adjacent markets
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Excellent skills on implementation of sales process from initial lead generation, introductory meetings, relationship development, deal discovery and development, through to the capture and closure of contracts
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment.
- Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
- Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written.
- Results-oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.