Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform hand calculations and spreadsheet first order models to inform path forward before jumping into detailed design or analysis. Use first principles as a basis for every decision
- Communicate pros/cons of system architecture with respect to structural considerations. Strong focus on good architecture to ensure designs are robust in nature
- Work with aero/CFD engineers and others to define loads for aircraft structure and subsystems
- Generate and maintain integrated FEMs for flying vehicles. Astutely pace model maturity based on state of hardware design and program goals
- Perform coupled aero-structural analysis on flight vehicle designs (flutter, aeroelastic, etc.)
- Support flight vehicle structural certification efforts — whether requirements are defined by customer (SEEK EAGLE, FAR, etc.) or, in the absence of customer requirements, internally defined by logic and best practices (which you will help define)
- Develop internal tools and reports for communicating loads and analysis results across teams
- Present status at formal reviews with Customer and internally. Technical status, risk tracking, inputs to program planning, etc.
- Interview other team members as projects grow in scope and complexity. Attract strong technical talent
- Provide structural test inputs to help build out lab space and infrastructure
- Create test models, define test loads, requirements and margins, and oversee structural testing
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in engineering or a hard science with a focus in structures
- Deep understanding of statics, aeroelastic, solid mechanics, materials, finite element analysis, and dynamic testing
- 2+ years of experience designing and analyzing aircraft structures
- Proficiency in the use of FEMAP/Nastran
- Structural and flight testing experience – sensor selection, data acquisition, data post processing (Python preferred)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Very organized and willing to establish scope and requirements for ill-defined problems
- Passion for defending the United States and her allies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Structural analysis or design experience on other complex hardware — rockets, satellites, etc.
- Experience with rotorcraft
- Experience developing code in higher level languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB, C++) for developing analytical models and data acquisition and automation
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!