Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make
better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea
robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own hardware from concept generation to real world use.
- Use first principles physics as a basis for every decision.
- Design mechanical components, mechanisms, and subsystems for large-scale robotics systems.
- Lead design reviews, run analysis, visit vendors, define and execute hardware test plans.
- Build prototypes, analyze failures, and transition successful projects into production.
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed.
- Travel to test sites as needed.
- Experience in an immersive technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings).
- 2+ years of mechanical experience in a professional experience.
- CAD skills (any platform) and ability to make high quality engineering drawings that meet common industry standards.
- Demonstrated hands-on fabrication skills.
- High competence with, and fluid use of, engineering first principles.
- BS,M.Eng, MS inMechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Robotics.
- Ability to hold an Australian NV2 Security clearance is required for this position.
- Experience in Solidworks and NX/Teamcenter.
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.).
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing.
- Experience designing for manufacture at scale.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?