Technical Program Manager, EW
Washington, DC, USA · Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager with experience in a relevant engineering field, to plan, organize, direct, and lead internal and external program activities. The Technical Project Manager will lead day-to-day execution of program initiatives and tasks. Work with the engineering team and Business Operations to manage the budget and schedule, as well as with the customer, and the Growth team to satisfy the technical objectives while meeting contractual requirements. As a member of the growth team, the Technical Project Manager will also facilitate in developing technical whitepapers, RFI/RFP responses, and support customer engagements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead technical, contract, and subcontract staff in monitoring performance of project execution.
- Manage/maintain relationships with key program partners, serving as primary point of contact for program cost, schedule, and reporting requirements. Represent Anduril’s roles, priorities, and capabilities throughout program execution.
- Ensure inputs to contractual deliverables are delivered on time and in a compliant format.
- Coordinate resources and define tasks for technical and administrative staff to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery of support to the program.
- Regular reporting of program accomplishments and cost status to customers, the program team, and Anduril management.
- Provide oversight and support preparation of contractual submissions in support of future program phases and scope changes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and final task reports including financial reports, as required.
- Support management activities including staffing, scheduling, and cost tracking.
- Work with Business Development team to define product roadmaps and collaborate on internal investments required to support the program and its future spirals.
- Ownership: Learn, develop, plan, execute, repeat. You will be asked to own your portfolio at every level. No escape paths, no backstops, just you, your ideas and your ability to get things done.
- Scale: Grow the business by researching, engaging and closing new business. Grow the business by working with our existing customers on their newest challenges.
- Embed: Work side-by-side with our clients, understand their challenges and shape Anduril’s platforms to their specific mission needs. Manage complex accounts efficiently and precisely.
- Write: Draft white papers and proposals. Articulate Anduril’s complex platforms concisely.
- Build: Work with Anduril engineers to build relevant products for your client’s operational needs.
- Engage: Participate in efforts to educate the broader set of Anduril stakeholders (thinktanks, government luminaries, media) on our mission and our unique approach.
- Team Player: No task is too small. Be willing to roll up your sleeves to support the mission. Embrace the startup life.
- BS or higher degree in a science or engineering discipline such as electrical, computer, computer science, or systems engineering
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience with DoD or IC customers
- Prefer background in RF Engineering.
- Expertise in Electronic Warfare, Digital Signal Processing, and/or SATCOM systems a plus.
- Familiarity with government acquisition processes.
- Experience managing complex technical projects for the DoD.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations and technical / programmatic reports to key leadership and the customer.
- Experience with complex systems involving hardware and software.
- Experience with government business development, government contract structures, government proposal processes a plus.
- Comfortable with working in limited resource environments.
- Comfortable with setting and achieving goals in a complex environment.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Ability to travel 25 – 50% required depending on base location. If located in Costa Mesa, less than 25%. If located in DC, about 50%.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?