Project Manager - Software Applications & Development (6 month FTC)
Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
An opportunity to join us during a period of substantial growth as we prepare to launch our new cutting edge products.
Based on site in our Reading offices you'll drive projects to a successful conclusion, guiding the project teams to achieve business outcomes, anticipating and mitigating delays whilst providing regular updates and reporting on project metrics of scope, schedule, cost and risk. You'll partner closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure activities remain on track with progress and status communicated across the organisation in a transparent manner.
Your history of successful execution of software projects (by way of thorough planning, prioritisation, risk mitigation, status reporting and good project management practice) will ensure our objectives are realised through excellence in execution of projects across all activities.
- Plan, schedule and manage multiple projects and their dependencies. Work with functional heads and stakeholders to deliver results that ensure timely and robust delivery of projects within forecast
- Identify and report against key metrics of project scope, schedule, cost, and progress in relation to internal and external project / customer requirements: assessing actual performance against the project plan and making adjustments consistent with plan objectives
- Anticipate program challenges and escalate risks to delivery in advance. Lead cross-functional efforts to mitigate risk, develop contingency plans, or adjust project scope, resources, or timelines as necessary. Negotiate with and/or influence team stakeholders to resolve project level challenges
- Discuss potential projects and their parameters with clients, executives, and 3rd party software developers
- Plan out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the business requirements, scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating testing and maintenance requirements
- Assemble and lead the required project team
- Create a project budget and ensure the project remains within budget as closely as possible
- Determine and oversee consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion.
- Track milestones, deliverables, and change requests
Ideally, You'll Have:
- Experience of Agile and waterfall project methodologies
- Prince 2, PMP, APM, PMI (or similar) certification or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in project management and software development
- Leadership ability to coordinate virtual teams across multiple projects and remote locations simultaneously.
- Ability to work with engineering, product management and finance teams to drive projects to conclusion. Ability to independently manage all facets of a project with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and other project management software tools
- Generous Salary and Annual Bonus
- Stock Options
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave + Public holidays
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Travel To Work Schemes
- Fruit, Snacks & Drinks
- Free On-Site Gym
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Discounts Platform