Head of Carbon Certificate Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Agreena is an exciting, dynamic, and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to mobilise farmers and corporations to unlock the value of nature and help restore the planet. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance, and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. Over 200 employees across more than 40 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen, offices in London, or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading, and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation, and fun.
And this is where you come in:
We're seeking an accomplished and forward-thinking individual to take on a key role as the Head of Certificate Scales. In this role, you will be responsible for building Agreena’s Certificate Sales Team (within Carbon Credits) while having the hands-on approach and experience to initially facilitate and handle the sales of carbon credits. In this role, you will report directly to an ELT member - the Corporate Commercial Director for Agreena. This is a unique opportunity for a results-oriented leader to not only facilitate and oversee sales but to also strategically develop and lead a high-performing team that will drive our sales efforts to new heights.
You will be responsible for building relationships and distribution channels to counterparts such as brokerage firms, corporates and financial institutions. You will also have an opportunity to set the team’s strategy, build out a high-impact team and step into a newly established role with freedom to build the team and distribution model.
The ideal candidate for this role will be both experienced in institutional coverage and entrepreneurial by nature and will have a passion for building and managing client relationships, strategic partnership and sales while delivering strong financial performance and building talent. It’s important that your are comfortable with navigating ambiguity and the demands that naturally arise from rapid growth.
Ideally you will be comfortable making the journey to London or Copenhagen at least 2 days per week to spend time in one of our main offices. There will also be regular travel to other offices, alongside trips elsewhere.
- Build Coverage Approach
- Identify and know our clients and prospects. Listen to our clients’ feedback. Deeply understand their challenges. Prioritise client segments and specific clients.
- Lead client coverage. Manage our relationships and secure continued sales of Agreena Carbon Credits.
- Be a brand ambassador. Represent Agreena’s mission. Communicate our story with stakeholders with passion and authenticity.
- Revenue Growth
- Own the sales plan. Create sales forecasts and related targets.
- Develop prospects. Identify “white-space” for our sales team. Prioritise the opportunities given resources available. Execute strategies geared to new clients.
- Hire well. Lead recruiting of institutional sales professionals. Onboard team members for success. Focus on the strength of cultural fit.
- Build Capabilities. Coach members of the team. Develop both product knowledge and sales capabilities. Deliver both day-to-day and structured feedback.
- Lead by example. Foster a positive, hands-on-working and results-oriented culture.
Requirements to succeed in the role:
- 10+ years of sales experience ideally from either the Carbon Market, Ag industry, Alternative energy, Commodity trading, Media and Sponsorship or the financial sector with a proven ability to create and maintain good relationships is essential.
- 5+ years knowledge building from working with Global Markets or Asset Management products such as OTC Derivatives, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Cash Equity, Funds, Energy Trading or Commodities.
- 5+ years experience of leading and scaling a small team of strategic sales professionals.
- Comfort working in a fast growing and entrepreneurial environment.
- ‘Winning’ mindset; strong goal orientation.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Learner’s Mindset - Curious about the needs of the buyers, open-minded about solutions that meet the needs of the buyers
- Creative and Adaptive - Ability to create new offerings and packages based on underlying assets and adapt based on market feedback and traction. Turning CO2eq’s into Offsets, Insets, Sponsorships, etc…
- Cool w/ Complexity - Understands nuance and distinctions in overlapping concepts (e.g. removals vs reductions, insets vs offsets, etc.), can tease-out underlying components and create offering and sales frameworks that navigate the complexity.
- Rigorous and Analytical - Have a strong preference for data informing actions by applying an analytics-first approach to sales and by having a rigorous approach to controls and minimization of operational risks.
- A communicator at heart - Ability to build strong and trustworthy relationships with external strategic partners as well as communicate and negotiate with diverse senior stakeholders both externally and internally
- Big Picture - Can keep the farmer’s needs in mind while meeting the needs of the buyers. Has a vision for how offers and sales channels would develop over time.
- Process-minded - Building sales infrastructure and process from scratch. Understands the steps and building blocks of the offers and sales channels as they develop over time.
What's in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change;
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues;
- Competitive compensation package and holidays;
- Centrally located modern office in Copenhagen and the option to work from home a couple days a week / Remote Work Policy;
- Team events throughout the year;
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission;
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture.
🌱 Not quite what you're looking for?
We encourage you to follow our Agreena LinkedIn page to keep updated on content, articles as well as new opportunities opening. You can also subscribe to our job alerts talent pool to stay in the loop for the departments you're interested in exploring further at Agreena.
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.