Director of Test Operations
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
AGILE is seeking a Director of Test Operations who will be responsible for the integrated planning of testing services internally and externally for the company. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the team who are integrated into product development as well as daily test operations site management and control. Looking for a leader who is passionate about people, rocket engines and has a desire to work in a dynamic small business growth environment.
The Director will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will have accountability of the team, budget and technical oversite of the business development opportunities for external testing.
- Strategic Leadership and Planning:
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the testing operations department, capitalizing on our entrepreneurial culture to drive innovation in hypergolic rocket technology.
- Make swift, impactful decisions that align with company goals and objectives.
- Lead business development efforts for external testing opportunities and manage the overall integrated schedule of internal and external testing requirements.
- Team Empowerment and Development:
- Foster a culture of accountability, empowerment, and pride within the testing operations team to maximize the results of our world class hypergolic rocket testing facility to its maximum potential.
- Mentor and guide team members encouraging a proactive, problem-solving approach.
- Facility Management and Optimization:
- Oversee day-to-day operation and maintenance of the testing facilities, leveraging hazardous materials experience to ensure safety and environmental compliance.
- Implement lean methodologies to streamline workflows and optimize resource utilization.
- Oversite of new test stands development planning and construction priorities
- Resource Allocation and Budgeting:
- Efficiently manage resources, demonstrating a keen eye for cost-effective solutions without compromising safety or quality in hypergolic rocket engine testing.
- Collaborate closely with finance and procurement teams to achieve optimal resource allocation.
- Compliance and Regulatory Expertise:
- Apply your in-depth knowledge of hazardous materials management to ensure all testing operations adhere to industry standards and government regulations through refinement of company policies and processes.
- Navigate regulatory complexities and maintain essential permits and certifications.
- Risk Mitigation and Contingency Planning:
- Identify and proactively address potential risks associated with testing operations, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety.
- Develop robust contingency plans to swiftly respond to unforeseen challenges, safeguarding both personnel and assets.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role with prior experience in rocket engine testing facility or a similar aerospace environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience in small business or startup environments, showcasing adaptability and rapid decision-making
- Strong knowledge of mono-prop and bi-propellant liquid rocket systems and associated testing procedures.
- Proven track record of successfully managing teams, complex systems and managing hazardous materials.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a focus on safety and compliance.
- Proficiency in managing budgetary software (ERP) and relevant technical software applications.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Location: Durango, CO
Location: On-site only
Salary range: $150,000 - $180,000
Eligibility for bonuses and company equity depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or temporary status. Contact HR for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Closing Date: March 15, 2024
What You'll Love About Us:
100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents.
Paid Holidays, Paid Flexible Time Off, Sabbatical Leave, Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave
401K contributions match at 4% of your salary, Employee referral program, Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement, Company get-together and team outings and best of all, working with amazing humans!
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At AGILE, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.