Solution Engineer - US
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2024, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Toulouse (France), Lausanne (Switzerland) and US West Coast with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team on US West Coast, we are looking for a :
Solution Engineer/Pre-sales Engineer
A Solution Engineer, also known as a Pre-sales Engineer, is working closely with sales teams to help demonstrate and explain the technical aspects of a product or service to potential customers. The primary goal is to understand the customer’s needs, challenges, and requirements and then propose a tailored solution that effectively addresses those needs in collaboration with development engineering teams.
The SE is self-motivated and passionate about ensuring quality and customer happiness.
- Working as part of the Solutions Engineering team in a Sales / Solutions Engineer role
- Participating in Sales calls along account executives to inform customers of the technical capabilities and aspects of Aerospacelab’s products
- Performing feasibility assessments for potential customer missions, including requirements feasibility, architecture definition, and budgets consolidation( mass, power, link, DeltaV, AOCS, etc).
- Development of technical, programmatic and financial proposals in support of sales
- Developing and conducting presentations in support of Sales efforts
- Working alongside and with product and engineering teams to develop future offerings for customers
- Some travel (~5-10%) to various customers, subsidiaries and key events and conferences
- Open to travel 6 times a year to Belgium
- Self-starter, great communicator, and strong technical skills – able to work independently with low oversight and juggle multiple projects
- Excellent communication, writing, and cross-team collaboration skills
- Clear documentation skills and ability to respond to written requests in a concise and effective manner
- Background of working with space project and products ( EO, systems, units, telecom, etc.)
- Ability to detect all risks of a solution, proposing mitigations and ensuring the reporting through the bid/no bid process
- Ability to translate technical customer requirements into prioritizations for the product and engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Open to work some early morning for collaboration with our EU Headquarters
- Business English required
Nice to Have
- Experience in early phase definition
- Some experience collaborating with engineering teams and customers teams to support adoption of complex product features and capabilities
- Some understanding of satellite systems EO and telecom payloads and/or operations
- Some experience in technical proposal development or project management
- Some experience in Space System Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience working in the geospatial community
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working